View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 09:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
bmarcinczyk14
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370z 6spd Sport
bmarcinczyk14 is on a distinguished road
Default Inaccurate fuel gauge almost leaves me stranded!

So I'm on the highway opening her up and right before the tach hits redline the engine just loses power, almost like it hit a rev limiter at about 6.5k rpm. I knew something was up right away so I threw it into neutral and just coasted to the next off-ramp. Right away I looked at my fuel gauge and it's sitting at 2 dots, warning light isn't even going off yet! Couple seconds later the warning light goes on. On my way coasting to the gas station any time I gave it gas it was bogging, even died on me but I was able to start it back up. Then, I look at the gauge once I get closer to the gas station and it's at zero all the sudden! I'm thinking POS gauge, it goes from 2 dots, to dying on me, to zero dots in like a 1 miles span. So I fill her up and bam, runs like normal. I've had some issues earlier in the spring putting gas into the tank, after 1 click-off from the gas pump I usually always turn it back on till the second click to top it off. Earlier in the spring when I tried doing the the gas overflowed outta the tank onto my bumper, after only one extra fill after the fist click! I never had that problem before and it shouldn't do that after one click, I'm thinking maybe this has something to do with the fuel gauge issue. And I was going in a completely straight line with this happened, although I had just come out of a tight on-ramp taking that right turn pretty hard, but I doubt that will cause the infamous gas starve issue on this car since the problem happened right after the corner,and it was a constant issue all the way up to the gas station, right?