View Single Post
Old 06-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #501 (permalink)
4r3s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Touring 370z
4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute

no POST, everything just powers up and all you get is a black screen. I've tested the video card in my old machine and it works. I'm assuming the memory works because there hasn't been any type of indication that they are bad. The mobo required a bios flash for the processor to be compatible. I believe I have updated the bios but there is no real feed back mechanism to confirm it actually worked without a working processor. After flashing the bios I now get a dummy cpu light on the mobo lighting up. the led is supposed to indicate there is an issue with the cpu. I've reseated the cpu and still get the same result. So, I think the CPU is bad but, it still could be the mobo. The CPU has been RMA'd and is on its way back to newegg. Just trying to track down a known good cpu so that I could verify if its the mobo or not.
4r3s is offline   Reply With Quote