View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #84 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I don't recommend using PVC electrical tape on a car. Even 3M's 33+ will eventually have the "glue" break down from the heat. The tape will start unraveling and the glue gets VERY messy. And it's not the best stuff for use around gas/oil/antifreeze/&c - the tape itself usually holds up well but the stickum breaks down. I use some splicing tape or RTV to seal against water and dirt, if needed, and then heat-shrink tubing on top of everything. Spiral wrap tubing works well for those places where shrink tubing is not practical. But I tend to go a little overboard so YMMV.