View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 07:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
imag
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by avitech View Post
And some of us are responsible enough to have no need to spin the tires and look silly and to take the car to the track to ruin a perfectly good transmission anyway. I would personally want to try to keep the wear and tear as low as possible. Remember that these cars will be collectible and heavily sought after some day. It's best to take care of them.

Even when all the easy oil is gone from the ground people will still want these Z's and they would fill the tanks up with corn fuel Ethanol or some type of petroleum fuel made from algae at some algae farm in Arizona.
Some of us are pained to see cars that are babied rather than used. When I go to Monterey in the summer, I go to see the Historics (races), not the Pebble Beach Concours (pretty parking lot). To me, hearing a classic Testa Rossa howling up the straight at Laguna is worth ten of them sitting on the grass, fresh from the trailer. Watching a prewar Bentley come into the pits with its wooden brakes smoking and steam pouring from the radiator is a joy.

These are cars. They are designed and built to drive. I think everyone should enjoy theirs in their own way, but I have to fall in the camp that appreciates driving it somewhere I can make use of it. Since driving a car of this capability at even at 6/10s is essentially illegal on the street, I think people who track them are actually being very responsible.

And look at it this way - the more wear others put on their Zs, the sooner yours will be a collector's item
imag is offline   Reply With Quote