View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandersd View Post
Thanks for the reply. I understand mileage will vary depending on driving style which is why I'm more interested in precisely how much fuel is left in the tank when the gauge reaches E. The manual says "the gauge indicates an approximate fuel level in the tank" and "There will be a small reserve in the tank when the fuel gauge reaches E".

I'm just curious if a 2.5 gallon reserve is typical for the newer Zs so I know what I have to work with.
I think you're pretty close - I doubt it's changed much through the years. And honestly, that's probably good enough for your needs. If you want to run it closer to empty, fill up a gas can and take it with you for a drive until you run out of gas. Just make sure you pay attention to all the variables, so you know what to expect down the road. If you want to be thorough, do it a few times to calculate a more accurate average.

The dot gauge is notoriously inaccurate on the older models. I haven't seen a lot of complaints about it in the newer models (it seems fine on my 2011). If you want to know exactly how much fuel is left in the tank when it reaches E, fill up as soon as you can after reaching E. Then you will know the exact number for your car.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 06-05-2014 at 08:00 AM.
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote