View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 07:33 AM   #521 (permalink)
Meulen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 40th
Meulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond repute

Just want to stop by for an update now that I've had mine done for a while.

1. I used high quality professional automotive paint and have no bubbling even after some time sitting in the sun. No issues with halos loosening up or anything either. The automotive goop seems to be holding them on nicely.

2. All halos and lights are shining bright and working properly.

3. I have a little dust coming up inside my shrouds that you can see through the lens cover if you look very close. I'm not re-opening yet for this, but lesson learned! I went pretty slow and did a lot of trial and error with my lights which meant they sat on my workbench collecting dust a good part of the winter. I should have blew them out with a compressor before I put the painted shrouds back in and re-sealed them. wiping them down with a rag was not enough.

4. Overall, I'm really happy I did this myself. I spent around $200 as opposed to probably a $1200 job at a shop. I've also seen one of the shops do a pair of bmw lights that didn't do near as good of a job as me on them and he paid $1000!!! I get lots of compliments

5. I have no loss of illumination with the 6k bulbs in there. In fact, I think mine are brighter than OEM. Blacking out the chrome shrouds did not seem to have any effect on illumination, or the 6k bulbs made the difference.