View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 07:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
njobe89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370z BS 6MT
njobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpawmoses View Post
Long version (and maybe a little overly stated):
When you modify an exhaust or intake to be less restrictive, you cause the engine to run leaner (and hotter). The wide band O2 sensors will adjust the ECU to accommodate for this a little but a retune really is needed or you could ruin an engine. The dealer and factory rep is going to look for a reason to deny any "big ticket" warranty repairs.
Thanks for the quick educational lesson, didn't know that and of course the dealer would try to find the smallest thing so they don't have to pay, bastards... i already have my exhaust on now and getting the intake put on this weekend and i wasn't thinking of getting it retuned, but i guess i need to now lol
njobe89 is offline   Reply With Quote