View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 04:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
clintfocus
Track Member

Drives: 370z, EK Civic, F150
clintfocus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
I saw that, but one I was referring to is actual data logs, like excel list or graphs showing the increase over time.
Knowing the car topped out at 2xx is great, but in what amount of time be a huge variable to compare OEM v CSF v 3 pass CSF. Also was it a quick jump up to 2xx and then a constant temp throughout the entire track session or was it a gradual increase. Additionally, what are your fan speed settings at OEM/CSF/3 pass CSF which can alter the cooling temps.

A lot of variables to consider which are not mentioned in your article.
you're right, i dont have excel spread sheets for it, I tried to give a idea of how the heat increase behaved through out the session, but i see you want more detail.

i can assure you it was a gradual increase with the triple pass, the single pass liked to jump up quickly and over all couldnt keep the car as cool in less time.

Fan speeds are OEM since the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
It looks in the pictures like the Seibon TS hood is being run without aftermarket hoodpins (though I could be wrong). If so, that's good news since hoodpins has always been one of my main hangups with going with an aftermarket CF hood.
yes i have no hood pins, but the Seibon uses the 3 latches like thedreamer mentioned

Quote:
The reason I am being picky is because of many who have the single pass CSF radiator, and the need for "real" numbers and results to prove it is an overall better design & radiator.
Have plenty of results of OEM v CSF (or Mishi) radiator, but this is new so considering all variables to ensure a fair comparison and not just some marketing fluff that it works better.
My testing isnt marketing fluff, im another 370 owner and track guy like alot of others here. Ive been working with CSF in testing and developing this radiator and i wouldn't have signed off on it working correctly if it wasnt right. Im more then happy to try and answer your in depth questions as best I can, but just want to be clear that im not blowing smoke about this product, it really works well.

Quote:
I know most if not all Seibon hoods can use the OEM 3 latches which gives it a very strong support & seal when driving. I have been in the low triple digits of speed with mine with no issues, but only had my seibon TS hood about 4 months now.
same experence ive had tracking mine ^
clintfocus is offline   Reply With Quote