View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Kreese View Post
As I posted in another thread I got the Takeda CAI long tube for $400 shipped. I didn't want to spend the time grinding metal and I'm not planning on racing it so price is more of an issue than horse power. I believe the difference between a Stillen and Takeda is about 3-5 horsepower but $150 in my bank account and less time installing is what sold it for me. My advice, search around, there are a lot of different websites with different prices for the same product. I'm a believer in looking for free shipping and not paying sales tax and I'll try to find a shipper located in the same state to increase speed of delivery and less damage. I've worked for FedEx and UPS, if you guys think your boxes are treated special because it's a car part or there are multiple fragile stickers on it you've never been inside a hub of these companies before.
There is no metal grinding involved in installing the Gen 3 intake. You trim/grind a few plastic parts to fit the tubes through.

OP, Stillen claims a 17hp gains (@ the wheels). From what has been posted by owners on independent dynos, those stats are pretty close. It will net you a good amount of power without having to run a tune. There's a ton of threads with bolt on setups that use the Gen 3's. It's well worth it for the price. You're really talking about two intakes here, which understandably doubles the price. It's gonna come down to preference. The other long tube intakes available each have their drawbacks too, but the Gen 3's are definitely one of the best bang for the buck. Just make sure you follow installing the intake perfectly. There were issues with them rubbing on the AC lines if you don't place something to protect them.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote