View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
TBSS2008
Base Member

Drives: 11 Corvette GS 6spd
TBSS2008 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjanik View Post
long story short: I went to the drag strip last friday, didnt do very good (time-wise). I felt I was doing everything right, tire pressure a little lower, gas half full, no burnouts during launch. Launched at about 5krpm, didnt peel out because I feathered the clutch out the best I could. Did not do a burnout before - as I had stock tires.

forgot to mention my car is 100% stock., sports touring w/ nav. and it was about 50-55 degree's outside the whole night.

I could not, for the love of me, do any better than 14.3. I got my RT down to .2 at one point but it did not help my time (i was actually slower with a faster RT).

school me

tried to make the slips eligible with my photo program, as they were not printed very well, the dark black was my first run, grey was second, and blue-ish was my last run.

also wanted to mention, every single run resulted in 220°+ oil temperatures. I didnt get the limp mode that I am aware of, but it was very annoying to see the temperatures at 220° and above after every single run.
I haven't taken my 370z to the track yet but notice when I hit 220+ the car runs significantly slower. Sweet spot seems to be at 190 - 200F it is very annoying especially when you want the car to perform. I will be getting the Stillen Oil Cooler soon it is a must for this car.

2009 370Z Black 7AT Touring Sport (TRADED)
TBSS2008 is offline   Reply With Quote