View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #3522 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom370z View Post
Next time I'm under the Z changing oil or whatever, I'll try to snap a pic of the stock cooler. Also, doesn't Nissan offer a different oil cooler that doesn't inherently void warranty?
Not that I have ever seen. I'd check with your local dealership that you would want to go to for warranty work but I cannot imagine that a larger than stock oil cooler would void any kind of powertrain warranty. Remember the letter of the law is that if worse comes to worse, the manufacturer has to prove in a court of law that your mod caused an issue you want covered. I don't think it could ever do that unless it leaked all the oil out and caused the engine to seize.

Just for reference, we run the 34 row oil cooler that Z1 sells on the World Challenge car. We use it in conjunction with a larger integrated cooler in the radiator. The radiator, for those who don't know, is a CSF custom build that is half coolant, half oil cooling and is twice as thick as the stock unit (have to delete A/C condenser). It would be the equivalent of running two 34 rows is what it looks like. When working properly (we lost an oil line this past weekend, resulting in a spun a bearing), our oil temps stay well within tolerable limits in full race conditions.