View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #1582 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Car is back on the road

Today took a lot longer. We still didn't run into any major issues. Just a lot more hassles. Spent probably 2+ hours on several different issues that would have been easier prior to reinstalling the transmission in addition to several items that were just difficult to reinstall. However, once we were ready to turn on the car, everything was working just fine. We took it for a test drive, and I was pleased. My buddy didn't think the clutch pedal action was right at first, but I convinced him that it was how it was supposed to be (I have the RJM clutch pedal set for short action and quick engagement). After driving a bit, he was happier with it.

I'll never attempt this in my garage again (unless I have a lift or something). I'm not sorry that I saved probably $700+ (~$1000 for labor minus few hundred in new tools), and I'm actually really glad that we did the work. It was a great learning experience for me. I'm going to post up a little more detail along with the pics I have in my Preventative Maintenance Thread. Later. Bed is calling.

The real takeaway from this is I don't have to worry about CSC failure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1742.JPG (292.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1743.JPG (225.3 KB, 3 views)

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |

Last edited by JARblue; 06-01-2014 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added pics