View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Icebrand
Base Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z S M6
Icebrand is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel system running lean on bank 1 & 2

2010 370z Touring Roadster 38K

Banks 1 and 2 are running lean.
Codes P0171 and P0174 were thrown.
Probably causes were listed as:

Low Fuel pressure
Blocked injectors
Large vacuum leak
Mass air flow sensor fault

The car has the pickup of a ford pinto. Revving the engine in gear beyond 3,000 rpms results in no increase in power. I can't imagine both MAFs faulting at the same time. Air filters needed to be changed, so I did, disconnected the battery to let the computer reset, check engine light stayed off, but no change in performance. I can only imagine at this point that the fuel pump is covered in debris, or the injectors need to be pulled and cleaned.

The car is driven by my girlfriend who drives like an old lady in an Oldsmobile. I changed the battery in the car for her once and she never accelerates hard so the the computer never learned the range of throttle, and it ended up idling strange and sputtering forward when accelerating. I let it idle until warm, revved the engine into the 6k range several times, computer learned the range of throttle. problem solved. I am wondering if her grandma driving habits are the underlying cause of this leaned-out fuel system, and if the injectors are the likely cause.

We always use good gas, either Texaco or Shell.

Any input is appreciated. Thank you.
Icebrand is offline   Reply With Quote