View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 10:32 AM   #418 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnzblazing View Post
Hello
I'm tackling an upgrade to the Bose-No Nav system in my 370z. The one requirement is to keep the stock head unit. I have read a lot on this forum, but have one question.

Equipment:
JBL MS8
Alpine PDX-F4
JL 13TW5 sub w/ magic box
Image Dynamics 6.5" components
Plan is to mount the MS8 under one seat and the amp under the other. Amp will power the sub and the fronts. Ditch the rears (are there even rears?)

Do I need to connect the MS8 before or after the stock amp? Would I lose any stock functionality by doing one or the other? I don't normally like to cut into factory harnesses - is there a better way?

Appreciate any insights!!
With the MS8 You can input high level speaker levels and have it sum them or tap the RCA levels before the amp and run them directly into the RCA inputs of the MS8. Either way will work low inputs would be better. You will have to splice into the harness either way.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote