View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 06:09 PM   #120 (permalink)
N0SL3N
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 PG 370z 6MT
N0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond reputeN0SL3N has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoulaZ View Post
Have a couple of questions.

Given the nature of the design and why it was thought up in the first place, Single Twin Scrolls are typically most effective with 4 Cylinder Engines (and Dual Twin Scrolls on a V8) where the exhaust gasses can be easily split up in pairs. I've not really seen any V6 engines using Twin Scroll setups given their cylinder firing order. Is it really worth using a Twin Scroll Turbo rather then a traditional one for our application? Or was the Turbo selection not made with it's Twin Scroll function in mind?

Cheers,
MoulaZ
I was also going to mention that the BMW went from a twin turbo N54 to a twin scroll N55, although some say the N54 made more power.

Also, the advantage of a twin scroll has to do with the order of firing pulses. Because the Z uses 1-6 firing order on alternate banks and Sasha made sure to keep each header equal length, the pulses will enter the split turbine housing alternately which adds to the efficiency.

I'm sure Sasha can chime in here with more info.

Last edited by N0SL3N; 05-31-2014 at 06:11 PM.
N0SL3N is offline   Reply With Quote