View Single Post
Old 05-31-2014, 01:24 PM   #116 (permalink)
MoulaZ
Base Member

Drives: '09 Z34 BP Turbo V2
MoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond reputeMoulaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Have a couple of questions.

Love this kit immensely and it seriously has me questioning my original Stillen SC plan. But something just sprung to mind and it's mostly just nit-picking and likely to have very little effect one way or the other.... but this is a Twin Scroll Turbo setup.

Given the nature of the design and why it was thought up in the first place, Single Twin Scrolls are typically most effective with 4 Cylinder Engines (and Dual Twin Scrolls on a V8) where the exhaust gasses can be easily split up in pairs. I've not really seen any V6 engines using Twin Scroll setups given their cylinder firing order. Is it really worth using a Twin Scroll Turbo rather then a traditional one for our application? Or was the Turbo selection not made with it's Twin Scroll function in mind?

This illustrates what I mean:

For those curious, this is a great explanation of a Twin Scroll Turbo application & purpose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7JTRRlSEYI

Also, being that close to the Gearbox/Transmission, I'd really feel much more comfortable with wrapping every bit of exhaust down there in the best insulating wrap available, and even look around for a suitable Turbo Blanket/Jacket to slip over that thing. Do you foresee any issues with this? Or any tips?

Cheers,
MoulaZ
MoulaZ is offline   Reply With Quote