View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Fuzzzy
Track Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 7AT MR
Fuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
Cruising in the left lane is dangerous, annoying, and rude. It should be a traffic citation. I'd like to see more people get tickets for doing it. IMHO. Sorry
I could not agree more.

tldr and semi-ot follows:
when MS state troopers first decided they would enforce this several years back (sadly enforcement has gotten lax again), there was a story on the news about a trooper cruising in the left lane of I-20 below the speed limit (obviously using radar on oncoming traffic). A vehicle in the right lane apparently became intimidated by his presence and slowed to match his speed, creating a rolling blockade on the highway.

A string of 8-10 vehicles pulled in behind the trooper in an effort to pass the vehicle in the right lane. The trooper pulled that entire queue over and ticketed each of them for driving in the left lane without passing. I don't know if any/all of those tickets were ever dismissed or not.

It's a crazy world on the highway.
Fuzzzy is offline   Reply With Quote