Thread: Tire Help
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
NORAIN
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 370Z 6M SP
NORAIN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwjohn6 View Post
Ok got my S-04s and notice traction difference. With Yokahamas traction light only went on when hitting it around corner. With these just hitting in straight line the light went on.
I'm noticing a similar thing when in 2nd gear cornering and giving a little gas. I'm thinking in my case it's the softer side wall and having over sized 305's. It's a lot softer feeling in the back. The side wall rolls over slightly in the first part of a turn, then the grip is pretty good. I've pumped up the tire pressure a bit and it helps.
What are your toe settings and what sizes are you running? Mine did the same as yours in a straight line when my toe was whacked. It took me several trips and 2 different alignment shops to get my toe in order. I have zero front and total of a 1/16" toe in out back...
I feel like the S-04 in a 305, might be to much tire for the 10" Sport Rays. A stiffer side wall tire might have been the better choice for me, is what I've decided.