View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
ZeroZeta
Track Member

Drives: 2013 Z
ZeroZeta is just really niceZeroZeta is just really niceZeroZeta is just really niceZeroZeta is just really niceZeroZeta is just really nice

Hey bcoffee20. I think everyone else has already said the same thing but just to put this in perspective (because I hate seeing people get ripped off.)

The car you are looking at (without mods) has a KBB value of $21,582 (give or take depending on your opinion of KBB)

The mods you listed were included do not have what I would consider "top of the line" parts that might make this really worth considering.

Here is a breakdown of how much some of those mods run (note I used the most expensive options just to show higher end price)

VIS Carbon Fiber Hood $948.00
VIS Carbon Fiber Trunk 948.00
NRG Carbon Fiber Roof $649.99
VIS Carbon Fiber Side Skirts $906.00
VIS Carbon Fiber Rear Add Ons $600.00
VIS Front Lip $600.00
EvoR Carbon Rear Diffuser $349.95
EvoR Carbon Fiber Rear License Cover $174.95
5Zigen Bronze 19" Wheels $586.30 per wheel?

So basically you will invest in travel expense for a car with a questionable history, with upgrades from the middle of lower end of the quality spectrum and a SRS light on which you would have to diagnose.

I also want to point out that anybody can throw parts on a car - the part quality and quality of the installation will determine the "perceived" value.

Also from a modder's perspective - not much aside from really great upgrades like a Turbo kit installed by a reputable shop will ad "real" value to a car.

I just installed a nice carbon fiber spoiler on my car. Decent part but that doesn't mean I added value to a depreciating vehicle. Instead I probably lowered the overall resale value of my car because I was F***ing around with it.

So overall, I would recommend holding on this one or keeping an eye on our own for sale page. I have seen some very nice Z's listed over the last few months.

Good luck with your decision!

Sources at the bottom

Car Trucks Body Kit Carbon Fiber Hood Trunk Hatch Spoiler

NRG CARB-RC-42 Carbon Fiber Roof 08+ Nissan 370Z Z34

Motorsport! 370Z Exterior - The Z Store, Nissan-Datsun 240Z-260Z-280Z-280ZX-300ZX(Z31/Z32)-350Z-370Z Parts

Last edited by ZeroZeta; 05-29-2014 at 10:04 PM.
ZeroZeta is offline   Reply With Quote