View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 12:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Silly Rabbit
Track Member

Drives: '12 PW Touring Sport
Silly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond reputeSilly Rabbit has a reputation beyond repute

I have the bose with nav. If I want to add a sub and keep the rest factory. Not replacing speakers and not clipping any lines to the bose amp. Will this work?

-Add amp with power, fuse and ground
-Tap white line before bose amp and connect to remote in on sub amp
-Tap (4) L/R line-in lines before bose amp
- Connect tapped lines to LOC
- Connect RCA lines from LOC to sub amp
- Connect sub amp to subwoofer

Can a simpler passive LOC like THIS be used?

Edit - Some more reading and I get the idea that I want to use a LC2i and connect it using the sky blue and violet lines (9&14) coming out of the bose amp instead of the lines going into the amp. Correct?

Confused - Now I'm reading that it is better to use the red and green lines (hi-level) from the bose sub amp to the bose sub, it will provide a better feed than the blue and violet lines (low level).

Last edited by Silly Rabbit; 05-29-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Silly Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote