View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 02:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
BuegeCJ
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z MB 6MT
BuegeCJ is on a distinguished road
Default What have I gotten myself into? XD

**Jump to the last paragraph if you don't want to read the backstory

I grew up around classic cars.. I don't mean '60s-'70s muscle cars either, I mean like your grandpa's first car kind of classic. Growing up my father owned a '39 Dodge Sedan, it was a project car to say the least and we tinkered with it throughout my whole childhood. We spent a lot of time in car shows and swap meets, including an annual pilgrimage to Iola Wisconsin. I always thought I knew my stuff between that and taking all of the advanced autos classes through high school.

Flash forward to now, I just bought my z and started thinking about all of the things I want to do with it. I started reading through the forum posts and almost immediately realized that I didn't know Jack **** about modding a modern car, I mean I know the basics but after getting into modern forced induction, electronics and all that it gets complicated. I'm sure I can figure it out, I just don't know where to start.

So I've heard everyone likes to start off with a cheap project car like a civic, should I go for that option and just play around with it until I know what I'm doing or just learn as I go with the 370z? I just don't want to do something stupid and break my z, but I'm also the DIY type. It would lose something if I just had someone else put in my mods. Any suggestions?
BuegeCJ is offline   Reply With Quote