View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 07:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuy View Post
i did not notice any power only noise when I switched to K&N drop ins.
The gluteus maximus is a poor dynamometer overall, and registers torque more accurately than power. There is ample empirical evidence that K&N drop-ins do indeed offer gains, and these gains are further improved when combined with smoother intake tubing.

OP: Heat shielding notwithstanding, the pop chargers have nice CNC milled velocity stacks. You may need to figure out better heat shielding to get the most out of them, but in theory, they should outperform the Typhoons.

If they don't, then either (a) the Typhoons include filters with built in velocity stacks or (b) the shields it comes with are better designed, or (c) if either of the two are not EXACTLY maintaining OEM location of MAF sensors and/or intake pipe diameter, the way the ECU responds to the Typhoons (without tuning to ensure MAF voltage is scaled correctly, that is) must tend to net more favorable results.

I can only address the key issues -- I do not know of any clear back-to-back testing to refer to on this.

Last edited by Jordo!; 05-28-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote