View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 06:29 AM   #123 (permalink)
1slow370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: v8 74 260z ;)
1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute1slow370 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm saying it's up to you. Personally i think i'm ordering a crate of the new motul 300v for half the cost of the nissan oil and it's comparable to redline. although if you wanna talk transmissions after they replaced mine i put 50 miles on it and now it's going in storage because we have something called snow up here. When it gets out the first thing after throwing the battery back in and driving it home is going to be a few quarts of redline MT90. maybe a mix of nissan ester oil and motul? Who knows. I wish nissan would say more about the stuff so everyone wouldn't be getting so damn confused over it. Here's a quick check somebody who tracks their mileage wanna say what ti was before and after doing an ester to synthetic swap as that would directly indicate a change in friction reduction? If that comes out the same i say don't run the ester because you can run the synthetic longer for the same price. You know what if nobody has done it by spring i'll do it.

One thing is for sure though, DO NOT THINK THAT THE NISSAN OIL IS SYNTHETIC AND TRY TO PUSH IT OVER 3,500 MILES BETWEEN CHANGES. Even if it does indeed lubricate better (yet to be proven), It will still suffer thermal breakdown.
1slow370 is offline   Reply With Quote