View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 11:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
ZoroItaliano
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' 370z pearl man
ZoroItaliano is on a distinguished road
Default Tablet install to kenwood dnx7140

So I currently have a dnx7140 with rear camera, steering wheel controls, iPod connection in cubby, and microphone. What I was thinking about doing is installing a tablet in the cubby section. Purpose of tablet: I wanted to use the torque app and be able to download music when there is a wifi connection, and play music.
I do realize I have to depend more on people that have the dnx7140 for answers... But perhaps some of you tech/audio savvy people have an answer for me.
Let me try to reiterate what I'm looking for:

1. Install tablet in the cubby area to hook up to a dnx 7140. What are the connection options? Do I take the adapter of the tablet and connect it to the usb input, which the iPod adapter is connected to at the moment? This is just so that the tablet powers on with the car.

2. Which tablet for the purposes of torque and music downloading and playing would be best? What other components do I need aside from a tablet to do this?

3. I have an iPhone 4s with unlimited data plan ... Is tethering the tablet to the iPhone an option to get internet connection ?

Just a side note, I'm assuming that in order for the music to be played ... It will have to link to the dnx7140 via Bluetooth.

Thanks for your advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ZoroItaliano; 05-28-2014 at 12:18 PM.
ZoroItaliano is offline   Reply With Quote