View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Liquid_G
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Supercharged
Liquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond reputeLiquid_G has a reputation beyond repute
Default My new Hatch floor

Wanted to share this. I recently asked you guys for some pics of your rear hatch setups. Got a lot of good ideas and this is what I came up with for my car.

I was running the JL 13tw5 is the WickedCAS enclosure. But recently installed a full Air suspension and had to hide the tank and compressors etc.. This meant I had to get rid of my spare and the sub I was using and make my own floor.

Here's some pics of how I did it.

First I made a template of the sides. Just took a piece of paper, actually traced the curves with a ballpoint pen and cut the excess off. Taped another piece to that one and repeat... Ended up with one giant paper template.

I then took that paper template, transferred those curves to cardboard and then from cardboard to wood.

Carpet.

Second piece.

Middle piece I ended up making into a floor/sub box.

New sub is a shallow 12" Stereo Integrity BM mkIV. Only a 3.4" mounting depth and only needs .5 cubic feet of air volume. Sounds incredible and easily better than the JL sub. Much tighter and cleaner. Wired in parallel dual channel at 2ohms from my single sub channel on the JL 900/5 amp.

Final product.

Came out way better than expected. The pieces sit so tight I need to carry a little plastic wedge with me to get them to pop back in place if I ever need access back there.