View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 08:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
horty24
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Touring Sp
horty24 has a reputation beyond reputehorty24 has a reputation beyond reputehorty24 has a reputation beyond reputehorty24 has a reputation beyond reputehorty24 has a reputation beyond reputehorty24 has a reputation beyond reputehorty24 has a reputation beyond reputehorty24 has a reputation beyond reputehorty24 has a reputation beyond reputehorty24 has a reputation beyond reputehorty24 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok adding to this thread a year later. I pried gently around the top with a razor to start cutting into the glued surface. Then gently kept going around until the lens popped off. I put frog tape around the lens to protect it from scratching it.

Then I drilled a 13/32 hole onto the housing.

Next step is to insert a 3 watt eagle eye led light that I got from amazon and secured with the supplied nut. final result was this.... So there is definitely more brightness towards the upper corner so tomorrow in going to spray paint this chrome to add reflection.. This is as far as I got tonight. But the plan is to insert another led in there and run wires, one up to the tail lights and one to the brake light. Then hey it all sealed up. Final mod will run less than 15$. More info to come later.
horty24 is offline   Reply With Quote