View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #43 (permalink)
Gary_C
Base Member

Drives: Fast
Gary_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP - Chris_B View Post
Yes, I hear this a lot. Unfortunately, the engineers don't win all the battles. Sometimes the accountants (most of the time, actually) get the last word. You should talk to someone with a Corvette C6 Z06 and see what they think of spending around $70k and getting worse brakes than you have! GM had a better option on the table, but the budget simply didn't allow for it. Some have noticed that the ZR-1 uses entirely different brakes. By the way, this is the #1 reason I have never wanted to work for an OEM road car manufacturer. That and the fact that Michigan has very cold winters and all the tracks close down until spring.
Tell me about it!

Brembo spent a lot of money on proposed development for the C6 ZO6 only to have it left behind in favor for a more price conscious system to meet the budget set for the final price point of that vehicle. The good news is that this development is what has allowed us to be first to market with more than 6 different brake options for the ZO6.

We were though, able to nail the contract for the ZR1 with out CCM technology.

Chris,
Do you know if AP tried to go after that OEM account as well?
I work for Race Technologies, Brembo's sole distributor and representative in the US. I am here as an enthusiast, the opinions shared here are solely mine, & not necessarily shared by that of Race Technologies or Brembo.
Gary_C is offline   Reply With Quote