Thread: PCV bypass
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 04:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj909 View Post
I'm not sure exactly how catch cans are made but from what I've seen they are made like a baffle? With no real filter in them. Am I right? If so, then they're not doing what they claim to do because the oil and blow by are in the form of vapors, which will stay in the air until they land on something. So no matter how many baffles there are, some vapors will always get through.
Technically a catch can is literally just a can. Once you add baffle you've made a air/oil separator or AOS. Some people throw steel wool into a catch can but a real AOS has a baffle system. Here's a pic of what I use below. The inlets are angled so the air hits the sides and has to swirl around the sides collecting. If some is still air borne it has to make its way into the second chamber collecting on its sides. Then suspended in mid air is the return tube. Its impossible for oil to make it through everything. My subi, ram 1500 and Z have all had bone dry returns till the Z now. Since again I think its coming from the manifold under WOT and not the AOS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (204.4 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by synolimit; 05-26-2014 at 04:09 AM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote