View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 09:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
djtodd
Track Member

Drives: 2012 Nismo TT
djtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond reputedjtodd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooonnn View Post
Beautiful car. Pretty much all the things on my bucket list. As a semi local black nismo owner down here in charleston ..... you have set the bar PRETTTTTTTY high i must say haha!

Quick question, I'm looking to lower the car, says you have True Type Stance SS+ coilovers. Does that mean true coilovers in the rear? Im basically looking for any sort of recommendation of which direction to go for the guy who doesn't track very often, but wants to have some sort of decent performance with the cosmetic looks of a small 1" to 1.5" drop.

any advice greatly appreciated!
Thanks man!

As for the coilovers, yes they are true type rears. I specifically wanted to eliminate the huge rear lower arm and replace with something that eliminated the eccentric bolts. Purely a track decision.

There aren't many choices out there in a true-type rear setup. Stance, JRZ, and maybe a couple others.

If I were to make a recommendation for occasional track use and DD duty, it would probably be Fortune Auto's 500 series (I saw the 510s the other week and they are impressive) or something like KW v3. Neither are true-type, but you really don't need that unless you're overly anal and/or lazy like me

SPL actually makes a replacement lower link now that offers the same eccentric lock-out, but still has a spring perch. With that, your options are wide open.

Just keep in mind though, at or over a 1" drop, you're going to need solutions to get camber and toe back to spec. The oem eccentric rear bolts most likely won't have enough adjustment, and the front doesn't have ANY adjustment.

Fast Intentions • Volk • Stoptech • Carbotech • SPL • Southbend • OS Giken • RJM • Sparco • RobiSpec • AIM • Driver Mod
djtodd is offline   Reply With Quote