Thread: PCV bypass
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33T Z34 View Post
Let me modify page EC-509 of the '09 service manual to show you how I do it. Where the red x's are I placed K&N crank case breathers on the valve covers. This dumps to the ground/atmosphere. Where the red x's are on the intake (accordion tubes) I placed pipe plugs to seal the holes, no vacuum leaks. I do not remove the PCV valves or the hoses off of these to the intake manny. I simply do not want blow by gasses being dumped into my intake before the TBs during "full throttle" conditions. As LJ stated, this keeps the intake air CLEAN and COOLER, thus subsiding detonation.
So I just took all my catch can and stuff apart (had a leak). I've noticed my hoses on the front of the mani coming from the catch can now have oil in them. But that's impossible because my catch can doesn't allow this! So I'm assuming the oil is not coming from the catch can/PCV valves, but from the inside of the manifold since my Z1 post tubes still are hooked up normal to the valve covers?

I'm not doing a dump to atmos when I have a proper CC! But I'm not sure I feel comfortable blocking off the post tube port and the valve cover head. Its gotta be there for a reason.