Thread: Tire23 beware
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
jdsto
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Honda VFR800F 2015
jdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond reputejdsto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tire23 beware

Almost three months ago I ordered a set of SSR GT V03 rims from Tire23. I was told that it would take 10 to 12 weeks for delivery as the rims were coming from Japan. Paid a 25% deposit and sat back to wait. Along the way I read in this forum that SSR was having production or timing issues on these rims. I contacted Tire23 at about week 8 to see if everything was okay and was told not to worry everything was on schedule. Just past 10 weeks I contacted Tire23 again to get a firm delivery date. It was at this point that they inform me that the rims are out of stock in Japan and they have no idea when there will be another production date.

It is beyond me how it could take them over 10 weeks to discover that the rims were not available and not on their way. This has left me screwed as I have no summer tires for my stock 18inch rims and I was upgrading to 19's.

They tried to come up with other options in the end but again couldn't guarantee the delivery date so in the end I got my deposit back. Right now the only good thing I can say is that they didn't fight with me on giving back my deposit.

If you are dealing with Tire23 my recommendation is not to give them a penny until you have a confirmed delivery date.

The only good news is that Ralph from Vividracing has hooked me up with a set of rims and I hope to see them next week.
jdsto is offline   Reply With Quote