Thread: PCV bypass
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
synolimit
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Silver 370z
synolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond reputesynolimit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lj909 View Post
Oh that's a good idea to vent on the ground but if part of your system is still hooked up then your sucking unmeasured air and messing with your a/r ratio. Also if your still sucking from the pvc then your not getting the little benefit.
I know a subi is different but I used to vent to the ground also (very illegal for a track!!). Then I started getting faster in high G corners and was dumping all my oil out the valve cover breathers. My car was soaked in oil!!! That's why they have to run a catch and return system. But instead of hooking it up oem style to the mani where the motor will burn it up lowering HP, AFR, oil level, we hooked the return to the crank case breather so whatever got spit out went back in to a safer/better place. Not sure if its a Z problem but someone who can fuel starve in high G right handers would need to confirm yes or no.

Last edited by synolimit; 05-23-2014 at 07:36 PM.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote