View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
2fast4thelaw
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Sport/MT6
2fast4thelaw will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-370z View Post
another question for any of you audiophiles out there!!?!! What is a good sub that will give me low low hitting bass. NNot the hard hitting headache bass. Is JL good for this??? I heard some one say JL give a good low bass. I dont listen to rap much but when I do I like the low hitting bass. Does this make any sense to anyone???
JL Audio 12W6V2 would suit your likes. ID subs are too mid bassy for my tastes but the W6 hits low and they are very smooth sounding. It is definitly JL's best sounding subwoofer ever! The W3V3 also sounds very musical as well but it cant take big power for very long, I fried one on a 600watt Alpine V-12 amp within 6 months. I can't blame the sub completely as I discovered I had a leaky enclosure which most likely was the death of the W3.

Focals are AWESOME! if you really want killer, mind blowing volume and pounding mid bass then look at the 3-way sets by Focal. The polyglass 165V3 are incredible!! The Poly Kev 165V3 even better but they $$$$$.

Focal amps are very high quality amps and will definitly do the job.

I dont recommend Focal subs, they dont work well in sealed enclosures, they seriously lack if you seal them.