View Single Post
Old 05-23-2014, 08:28 AM   #129 (permalink)
Wattles
Base Member

Drives: 2012 G37 IPL 7AT TT
Wattles is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Bobby called yesterday and the conversation went pretty smooth considering the mood. I hesitantly agreed to have the car picked up and towed (by Bobby) back to Tampa at his expense to be broken down and looked at. Trust for anyone right now is low and if my finances were any better I would not be doing this. My O/T has been cut drastically in the last 2 months (good 'ole Infidel luck) when I'm used to getting an extra $1K take home every pay period for the last 7 years. It's slowly coming back but I can't be picky when I do it. I have to trust that the breakdown documentation won't be comprimised, as long as it isn't I will accept the findings as Bobby promised he would. Hopefully the only person who wants this mess over more than me is Bobby. Another factor is that the thread is leaning this way and the sad fact that anyone I take it too I will still have the trust issue going on. Draging the car to Z1 would be a dreaded task trying to get the time off and finding some way to tow it up there, not to mention the $6K-$8K bill that would literally leave me broke and having to sell lead for an emergency.

Earlier MMC added..."Every shop and tuner is the best in the world until they bend you over.". This is the truest statement on this whole thread and no matter where I take it there is a possibility that my ball-and-chain for luck would strike again. The charger will be shipped to Rotrex for evaluation, I want everything looked at to help ensure no problems in the future. Once the motor is taken apart and inspected the conversation with Bobby will go from there. And whatever is done will have to be backed up with Bobby's reputation wide open for everyone to see. The wife is sick of this as any wife would be and just as hesitant to let this happen, if it's a failure she'll have ammunition for ANYTHING I do in the future. I have new respect for people who have to go through this, it takes years from your life and it's hard to compromise when there is so much at stake but at this point I don't really have too many options.

Didn't proof read, gotta get ready to go to work.
I'm glad to head the car is gong to get some attention.
I went through a similar situation on my GTM build. The engine had to be pulled and torn down. I never got the full story of the issues internally. The whole ordeal was a massive cluster with pressure from the wife and roughly 8 additional months of time to complete the rebuild/fix.
Ultimately GTM (Sam) stepped up and paid the labor while I paid for parts. Even though this was a large cost to me that I was not planning on, I feel like he did the RIGHT thing. He could have just as easily told me to go pound sand or not covered the full labor. The deal was that I built the engine and transmission at the same time to prevent this from occurring again. So from that perspective the cash outlay from me was significant.
At the end of the day I spent double what I planned for the build and it was in the shop for 10x as long as originally quoted. So I sympathize with the issues you are having (wife included). Hopefully you can look back in a year and have your car running and forget some of the pain and frustration.
We are the HORROR stories you read about with forced induction.

Good luck my man!
2012 G37 IPL 7AT | GTM Stage 1 Long Block | GTM Stage 1 Garett TT | Blitz SBC typeR Boost Controller | GTM Stage 4 Transmission | Tial BOV | Fast Intentions exhaust | GTM 8qt Oil Pan | 583whp/484trq @ 13psi
Wattles is offline   Reply With Quote