View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think this is an ESCL problem. IIRC, the ECM only checks the ESCL at the beginning of the start cycle and doesn't care if it disappears. But I'm not 100% sure.

I don't think it's the brake switch or you would get a message on the multi-display. The brake message you are getting looks like the parking brake warning to me.

If you don't want to take it to a dealer, then I suggest you get an OBD scanner and see if you can spot any bad sensors that may be causing the shutdowns. The FSM will be a big help. I'd also check for any loose connectors under the hood.

Good luck and keep us posted.