View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Mr.Squeeze
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z
Mr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Squeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
No blowing a second ring sounds like the boost was getting trapped in the rings which leads to fluttering and cracking ring lands, that or that wasn't an issue and the shiz just let go, who knows?
In my honest opinion I think my motor let go from being pushed to hard on a kit that wasn't designed to be pushed. I think the car ran hot , one major design flaw in the kit is MAF location. The stock MAF's have to be relocated with this kit to the front bumper and uprev uses IAT's for ignition timing. Also the heat exchanger is very small I really don't think it cools enough. Like I said before I know a few that blew one of them is on this forum name is Nissan370. He was pushing his Stillen kit hard as well and it now he has a built motor like my self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1600 View Post
was this on the stillen tune or custom tune? I'm probably heading down the stillen path and would like to avoid this if at all possible haha, I'll be getting mine custom tuned from the get-go
Custom tune I was the first to switch to cog pulleys and upgrade the impeller in the supercharger.

Last edited by Mr.Squeeze; 05-22-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Mr.Squeeze is offline   Reply With Quote