View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #122 (permalink)
JMac88
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 PW 370z
JMac88 will become famous soon enoughJMac88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel View Post
Bobby called yesterday and the conversation went pretty smooth considering the mood. I hesitantly agreed to have the car picked up and towed (by Bobby) back to Tampa at his expense to be broken down and looked at. Trust for anyone right now is low and if my finances were any better I would not be doing this. My O/T has been cut drastically in the last 2 months (good 'ole Infidel luck) when I'm used to getting an extra $1K take home every pay period for the last 7 years. It's slowly coming back but I can't be picky when I do it. I have to trust that the breakdown documentation won't be comprimised, as long as it isn't I will accept the findings as Bobby promised he would. Hopefully the only person who wants this mess over more than me is Bobby. Another factor is that the thread is leaning this way and the sad fact that anyone I take it too I will still have the trust issue going on. Draging the car to Z1 would be a dreaded task trying to get the time off and finding some way to tow it up there, not to mention the $6K-$8K bill that would literally leave me broke and having to sell lead for an emergency.

Earlier MMC added..."Every shop and tuner is the best in the world until they bend you over.". This is the truest statement on this whole thread and no matter where I take it there is a possibility that my ball-and-chain for luck would strike again. The charger will be shipped to Rotrex for evaluation, I want everything looked at to help ensure no problems in the future. Once the motor is taken apart and inspected the conversation with Bobby will go from there. And whatever is done will have to be backed up with Bobby's reputation wide open for everyone to see. The wife is sick of this as any wife would be and just as hesitant to let this happen, if it's a failure she'll have ammunition for ANYTHING I do in the future. I have new respect for people who have to go through this, it takes years from your life and it's hard to compromise when there is so much at stake but at this point I don't really have too many options.

Didn't proof read, gotta get ready to go to work.
Glad to hear something is happening. Looking on the bright side, at least VSR is working with you. Lots of horror stories on the NET about tuners/motor builders telling people to go fist themselves when there are issues.

As for trust, given the amount of interest on this thread I imagine pictures of the tear down will be posted on this thread by either yourself or VSR. I am sure with the amount of knowledgeable people on this form that nothing will be hidden.

Hope it all works out for you. As for your wife, if you do end up having out of pocket expenses just do what the rest of us do....tell her the invoice is 1/2 the amount