View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 03:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
phelan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Scoobaroo
phelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond reputephelan has a reputation beyond repute

Even when I was 16 and just learning to drive, I knew California driving laws were ridiculously lax. These days it's basically as if the DMV were saying "Here's your license, just pay us your car's registration fees and get out of my sight". It's saddening.

Even now I have friends who won't be bothered with learning manual transmission. They will continue to take their auto-tranny cars, load up some loud R&B or Hip-Hop, and proceed to text, talk to friends on their phones, do whatever in their cars. Scariest I've seen? The ones that put on makeup while they're driving full speed on the highway. Ultimate fail.

I'm the only one of the group who is actually willing (and I'm doing it next year) to take an advanced driving course to sharpen my skills on the road...and the depressing part is my education will only do so much against the drunkard who could slam their vehicle into me at a moment's notice.

凛 ('Rin') - 2009 Nissan 370Z
With silence comes peace. With peace comes freedom. With freedom comes silence.
phelan is offline   Reply With Quote