View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 03:10 AM   #43 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

1st problem...

The bellmouth inlet effectively is only 2.125", NOT 2.25"... the lower portion has an ID of that, but I would need to find someone to grind and polish inlet section to base for smooth transition and to maintain same ID.

Or... I could great creative and get an insert that will transition to the OEM ID, sort of like an inverted funnel.

So, my thinking is: Bellmouth + slight narrowing of inlet should smooth air and also speed up flow, improving responsiveness and low speed power, while maintaining OEM ID before the MAF should keep measurements accurate without needing any re-scaling in uprev.

On the other hand, any narrowing at the inlet could simply kill power everywhere, especially up top... or, I might break even up top due to the overall flow benefits, and just gain down low.

Or nothing will happen or it will run like ****. Oh how I wish I knew enough of the right math to figure this one out...

Anyone have any thoughts on this one...?

Last edited by Jordo!; 05-22-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote