View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #86 (permalink)
Infidel
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 GM 6MT
Infidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRperformance View Post
This is really getting out of hand and creating a lot of drama over something we know nothing about. I like how people bash or accuse a shop with out considering the facts.

We did run into some issues with this kit. For starters it doesn't fit a 2013 370z like GTM says it does. However we a few minor adjustments and all was well. On the oil filter kit was moving to a different spot and making one extra hose longer and that's it.

The first time we had it on the dyno it made low power and found out it was oversized couplers creating a boost leak. Redyno'ed the car with with my tuner and another Business owner from Turbo Toys and the car hit 11psi and made the power. We have actual data logs from the car that can back that up. At the time we had no Ideal that BOV was on its way out. So, the car was tuned on a bad BOV. I have no reasons to adjust the HP numbers on my dyno. Do you really think I would have wasted my time to call him and tell him the low numbers the first time. really? The logs show mass air voltage and you can calculate from there how much boost the car was making.

The customer returned to the shop a day later and we found that the BOV was seized up. We work on the car for another 3 hours removing the BOV polishing it adding lube to it. We managed to hit 10psi in the parking lot once and it failed again.

I called Marti at Turbosmart for a warranty exchange, setup the exchange at revworks and the all customer had to do was just show up. This was done while the customer standing next to me while I was making the calls. This not my product nor did I make the supercharger kit. Sam at GTM did not lift a finger to help.

However, Rev Works decided to charge him a DIAG fee when I made it clear what the issue was.
With the BOV installed it made a big difference in performance and in sound. Which mean it was going to need a touch up in the tune and I told him to bring it in i would take care of it for free.

On Tuesday customer calls me and tells me the bad news. The first words out his mouth was the car is perfect so it has to be the tune! So, yes i went on the defensive side because our track record with Z's & G's are 100% non failure rate. In fact we get accused of not making it aggressive enough. None of our single turbo kits have ever blown up nor have any other boosted car we have built blown up. Take that back,there was this Fox body mustang that lifted the heads.

However, I'm prepared to work out a great deal. My offer is to you, tear down the engine & rebuild it. I eat 75% of the labor and you cover the parts and machine work.
The most PSI I have personally seen the car make is 9psi for less than a brief moment. Apparently VSR is the only ones who have seen this, all is hearsay so take it for what it's worth. If it made 11psi during when it was redyno'd it would have made it when the new BPV was replaced. It didn't.

Once again, when it supposedly hit 10psi 'in the parking lot' nobody but VSR saw it, I was in the shop waiting for them to come back.

BPV was nobody's fault. I paid for a new one for the promise that it would be sent back to TurboSmart and I would get my money back.

I NEVER said the car was perfect...OMG Are you serious?? Don't put words into my mouth. It wasn't making ANY difference in boost when the new BPV was installed and the power difference was MINIMAL at best. The only two things I could point to were the charger itself and the tune so I called Bobby and told him I wanted another tune. He agreed and we set it up for Tuesday.

After Bobby found out how much of a PITA this install was I felt he just wanted me to pick the car up after the 408hp dyno pull and I had to convince him there was more in it and that's when he brought in the tuner on a Saturday to see what could be done. If it isn't one of his single turbo installs he doesn't want anything to do with it. All he had to do is tell me over the phone when I first contacted him that he had no interest in the install and all of this would have been avoided. He got frustrated with the install and was burning hours trying to fix it and wanted the car gone from his garage, PERIOD.
Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote