View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #79 (permalink)
Staples
Track Member

Drives: '08 Infiniti G37s
Staples is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMO View Post
I couldn't agree more gtm does not care about anyone they sell to these days and is already known for selling used damaged used parts. Getting back to bobby at vsr, I would have tried to remain calm before going on a witch-hunt and allowing him to voice his opinion of his side before completely bashing. He is going to be posting up the dyno's and logs today. Just curious but how much were you beating on the car after you got it back? Maybe I should have started a thread about how z1 blew my motor too since it seemed to run fine before I even got there for a tune.. Going fi is a risk on any car not already setup for it.
I agree with the going forced induction being a risk factor, however a motor shouldn't give within 2 weeks. Let's say hypothetically the motor had problems prior to them touching it. How many other VQs that were in their possession clunked? We're they “1 and 100" too?

There should always be a strong recommendation of doing a compression and leak down test anytime you're making major changes to the engine that will cause more strain on the internals. Both parties should know of this and if the person who owns the vehicle is not aware of these tests then the shop sure as hell should take the responsibility and time to let the customer know of possible complications before taking someone's money and saying, "Not our fault, but I'll give you a deal on a built motor."