View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #46 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Nismo#91 View Post
How many Toyota Camrys or Honda Civics come with an oil temp gauge? These cars can and do overheat their oil when driving under severe conditions (city driving, spirited driving, etc). The only difference is they don't know they are doing it, ignorance is bliss.

Please don't start gluing computer heatsinks to the car.
In my opinion, the high oil temps don't bother me, it's the fact the car could go into limp mode due to the inability to control temps while being run hard. While the minority, this is a sports car and there will be people that track it and/or just drive it hard. That's where I feel Nissan missed the ball. I'm sure many cars run high oil temps, and the drivers have no idea, but they aren't going into limp mode otherwise you'd hear about it. They also aren't driven as hard as a 370z.

And as a side note, My 2008 Altima with the VQ35DE had an oil cooler. Same one Nissan probably threw on the 2012+ 370z
b15 is offline   Reply With Quote