View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #40 (permalink)
juld0zer
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Nissan 370Z MB M6
juld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond reputejuld0zer has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame that our cars cant operate normally at the same oil temps as other modern performance or everyday cars. embarassing even. but there isn't much we can do aside from prolonging our enjoyment by investing in oil to air oil coolers.

I've had my belly shield off for a while before and to be honest, if there was a difference it wasn't noticeable. The front bumper is definitely not as rigidly held in place but i've gone for months with no shield and i spend a fair amount of time on motorways. Ever since i realised i could do any oil change just by popping the rear screws off the shield and folding it back, i havent removed the shield except when it had to come off.

Thanks for the heads up about the stick on heatsinks. You can buy Arctic Silver thermal compound adhesive from computer parts shops. It's an epoxy type glue. You can also buy the adhesive pads from some computer parts suppliers but i haven't seen any that would hold up to the elements. Speaking of which, computer heatsinks are really cheap.
juld0zer is offline   Reply With Quote