View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #51 (permalink)
Joepro
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Company car
Joepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond reputeJoepro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
Very true. and Nissan is now full of cheap motherfuckers so they'll be LOOKING for unscrewed nuts and bolts. You can deny, yeah, but how much?
Again to trying to beat a dead horse, but if it got to a judge, the judge will ask for proof the engine was tampered with in a manor to cause the failure, and the dealer will respond with what, a bolt is loose? It won't fly, trust me, been there, lost that . However, there is a member on the forum that had an engine replaced twice with his car boosted, some dealers just don't care, it will depend on their warranty expense that month, that will be the only reason they will look to deny it, no one wants a motor claim under non-discretionary. Again, it just depends on the goal of the car, if it were me, that is the route I would take, the SC kits are far less intrusive that the turbo kits, as long as VSR did not make any of their own permanent modifications and followed the bolt on instructions, I would go for it, the kit has to come off at some point anyway...I actually considered the VSR kit for awhile, but they only do in-house builds, at lease now if my motor goes to installation error I can only blame myself! To be honest, I would not have boosted this car if I did not have a shop to work in and the knowledge I have(not saying Im a mechanical genius) but I would have bough my HP, c7 looks awfully good for the price point! My second route would be used motor, sell the SC kit, trade trade that b^$%h in.

Last edited by Joepro; 05-20-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Joepro is offline   Reply With Quote