View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 09:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Infidel
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 GM 6MT
Infidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant futureInfidel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueZ View Post
Wow man, very sorry to hear this happen to you let alone anyone! Kinda has me second guessing the noise I'm hearing.. mine is more like the louder valve chatter from the VVEL like the 08-10 issue from the G37s etc. I first noticed it the day I got back from Tampa. I sent a video to Bobby and he said it was the VVEL and advised me to change the oil to Ester oil which I did and no luck. I took the car (as instructed) to the dealer I bought it from to get it recalibrated and they didn't want to touch it for liability reasons. So I'm dealing with that. The car drives fine and pulls strong, Ive done some logs everything is supposedly fine. AFR looks good. So I'm not sure.. I'm gonna look for some metal in the oil I drained tomorrow but this has me wanting to pull my pan off and check things out.

My other issue has been white smoking which I think I've narrowed down to oil trapped in my muffler and midpipes. The feed line I got was different then the normal steel braided one. Bobby thought that was the problem because it was a little bigger diameter line? Anyway I see no signs of oil pooling in any plumbing/piping besides the very rear exhaust after switching lines so hopefully after ditching this stock exhaust that goes away fully.

I really hope you can get this resolved in some reasonable way. I remember seeing your car when I went to pick mine up. Bobby and I talked about how much crap you have dealt with. This is the absolute last thing anyone needs but things do happen. However I am with you on the "it wont happen to me" train of thought. Not sure I buy the whole 1 in 100 excuse either but what do I know. I know I took a risk going this route and I usually have shitty luck. I'll be interested to see what actually broke and what Bobby has to say. Our cars are alot alike besides the kit.. 13' about the same mileage.. regardless I wish you the best of luck man try to keep your head up!
I already talked to Bobby. He basically said he's not at fault and blamed it on the motor. It won't be long before he responds and we'll get a chance to hear what he has to say to the community.

ETA...I sincerely hope you have no issues. Send some oil to Blackstone Labs, they'll let you know.

Last edited by Infidel; 05-20-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote