View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 05:25 AM   #231 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
How much double sided tape are you using? I put 4 pieces, about 1/2-3/4" long each around the trim, but the silver ring won't stay in the socket. The leather keeps the silver ring from being able to go down far enough to secure it. With the leather boot installed, the ring can only go in about 1/8". One touch of the shifter and the ring pops up.

Edit:

Took another look and the little velvet strip had all rolled to the inside and were not doing anything. I adjusted them and the ring isn't popping out, but doesn't feel very secure. When you put the double sided tape, did you just replace the velvet strips with the tape? I originally put the tape on the inside of the leather lip and it didn't do anything.

Liking the look so far. Waiting on the m45 knob and finisher to arrive.
Yep. I put the double sided tape in lieu of the velvet strips, and it seems to work very well.