View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

It use to be pretty decent learning, but they have dumped it down to make it "easier."

~Parallel parking - I had a 5 minute lesson in this and did horrible, yet passed.
~Not required to learn manual transmission - Before drivers ed I went on two driving trips with my father to a parking lot to learn to drive in a huge old diesel suburban. Two days after I got my learners permit, I was told if I wanted to drive I had to learn manual. Thank you parents.
~Drivers education courses are now mostly about just being on the road, the basic check list is this: Did they drive on a road of 35MPH (Yes/NO), Did they drive on a road of 55MPH (Yes/No), Are they doing normal pre-driving checklists (Yes/No). There are a few more but you see how easy it is.

No real focus on things that matter in real world driving.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote