View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lone Wolf 75
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z PG 6M
Lone Wolf 75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
I am replying before I read, wanted to make a note on the bold part though.
It is because they from the start of getting a phone use it while doing other tasks. Driving as much as we cram it down people's throats think it is a right to drive, it is not, so they abuse it until something bad happens. I do really wish the UK texting while driving ad could play here in the US, but it is to "graphic."

Now, back to reading the post, will reply once done.
It's funny how things change. Back in the day when I was in high school, they showed us drunk driving videos that were pretty graphic. I also remember auto/shop videos showing people losing their fingers and such. Now, I graduated H.S. in 1993 from the midwest (I started Freshman year in the Chicago suburbs and spent my Sophomore through Senior years in Grand Island, NE). Both places had these videos.

Nowdays, I'm guessing it's not cool to show these type of videos anymore. My thoughts are that the UK texting while driving accident video should be in all drivers' ed classes to drive the point home, especially to the invinicible, "it will never happen to me" teenagers. If I ever have kids, I will certainly teach that driving is not a right, it is a privilege. Maybe I'll even dig up the UK video and show them, which will likely be a relic at that point.
Lone Wolf 75 is offline   Reply With Quote