Thread: Track tires
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 01:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mt Tam I am
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z T/S/N 6MT & XKE
Mt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond reputeMt Tam I am has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
RS3

/thread

(But you have those, Nitto somethings, and the other ones... But you should get the RS3s unless the others are wayyyy cheaper)
I read your review and it should be stickied.

The RS3 tires have reviews similar to your own, especially regarding noise and needing warm up.

EX:
great tire for the price- tenacious dry grip on the track at HPDE events across the southeast
very sticky, tires need to be hot to deliver best performance
not as sticky in the wet as RE050s or PS2s, but much more economical, especially with track use
though, after several track events, tire roar on the highway is terribly loud and noticeable
consider going back to Michelin/Bridgestone re better ultimate grip in the dry and wet, and quieter operation for a daily driver, but these tires are of amazing quality for the price

Another example: I use these tires for track day events only and they have been great. Although not the stickiest tire out there, they are pretty darn good. The price point, and good wear qualities makes them a great choice for tearing up the track with out emptying your pocket book.
Nissan Motorsports 34R Oil Cooler. Stillen CBE. Hotchkis Sport Sway Bars. KW Variant 3 Coilover System. Stillen Gen3 CAI. Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Stillen Brake Ducts. Carbotech™ XP10/XP8 Pads. Z1 Front Rotors. Z1 Stainless Brake Lines. Two degrees of camber
Mt Tam I am is offline   Reply With Quote