View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #129 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan@Fontana View Post
not going to lie I would be pretty pissed about something like that, the steering locks are damn expensive.

-Juan
yah, i was pissed. i paid $500 for it since it was BEFORE the recall. as you guys probably saw my diy about the dreaded steering lock, i got the idea from the GTR forum to replace it. they use the same lock.

but then it was insurance for me so it was worth the price i guess. rather not deal with tow trucks and dealers. now days you got the brown wire cut (by fritz) /fuse pull (daisuke/baer) solutions but back then, there were no such solutions other than to keep a 2nd lock.

to this day, ive not had to replace my lock. ive kept the original working lock in my trunk and it will remain there for the next owner if i ever decide to sell the car in 4-5 years.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote